Sunday, January 25, 2015

Big News!! (Class and Personal)

Based on the header, you might be able to tell that I was moved to third grade. We had some changes (a lot of changes) this year and I was needed in third grade. My lovely second grade babies were moved into other classes and my class was dissolved. I found out just before Winter Break and started with my new third graders on January 20th. It has been a big change just in a week. I have only taught second grade so going to third is a big change. It is also a testing grade. In Florida, the kids will be taking a new standardized test based on the Florida Common Core Standards. The test is called the FSA. So, in addition to a new class (that has lost 2 other teachers this year) I have to worry about testing for the first time. It is going to be a big change that has proven to be stressful thus far. I am excited to see what happens though. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Now, onto a personal note. I got ENGAGED! On Christmas Eve, my boyfriend Josh proposed! I am super excited. We are planning to get married in late 2016!


- Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment