Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Water Cycle (Song and Foldable)

For our unit in Science (Earth Systems and Patterns), after the four seasons comes the Water Cycle! My kids absolutely love the Water Cycle. We started off by watching a video that I found on Safari Montage. As we go through the video, I pause to clarify things and ask questions.

After the video, we sing the Water Cycle song! It is sung to the tune of She'll Be Comin Round the Mountain. It takes a lot of practice but the kids love it! They will sing it all throughout the rest of the year!


After the song, we start out water cycle foldable. This is something I found on Pinterest years ago and changed it up to fit my class a little bit better. Here is what mine looks like.


Here is the front cover with the basic steps of the water cycle.



Here is the inside of the foldable with all the steps in detail. 


This is just a close up picture of the inside. We define what each step does so the kids and make the connection by writing it and drawing it. 

Here are some pictures of the kids foldables!








*As I stated before, I found these things on Pinterest and just adapted them for my students. 

3 comments: