Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Four Seasons

In Science, we have been discussing the four seasons. I had my kids brainstorm in groups what they knew about the four seasons. I heard some great answers. I showed them a YouTube video on the four seasons. I then had them write down a season and one thing about the season they picked. Based on the seasons they wrote down, I put them into four groups (each group was a season). In the four groups, everyone had a job. Two would be writers and two would be the drawers. The groups had to come up with 2 sentences and 2 pictures to draw about their season. It could be what you do, what you see, what you wear... anything. After they were done with their sentences and pictures each group shared what they wrote and drew for their season.

Here is the finished masterpiece! :)


At my school, we follow Marzano, so collaborative structures are a big deal. I love having the students work in groups because all of the students are able to participate. I have a student from Africa who speaks no English. However, he was still able to participate in the group work with his teammates. He learned the word pumpkin and drew the pumpkins for Fall.

I decided to have my students complete a Bridge Map for the four seasons as well. I have a cut/paste version at my TpT Store for those students who need accommodations.

Here are a few of their Bridge Maps!




Last, the display of our their hard work on the four seasons!



No comments:

Post a Comment